Out of the Cold 30th Anniversary & Celebration of Life for Sr. Susan Moran OLM
Join us on Sunday February 5th at 6:30 PM at St. Patrick’s Church (131 McCaul Street, Toronto) for prayer and celebration in honour of the 30th Anniversary of Out of the Cold, and a celebration of the life of Sr. Susan Moran OLM, Co-Founder of the Out of the Cold, who passed away last month. It is a time to give thanks for the generosity of so many throughout the years who have given their time and talents to the Out of the Cold Program as we have welcomed so many Guests each day for fellowship, safe shelter and hot meals at different places of worship throughout the City of Toronto and beyond. Join in prayer as we advocate for our Guests and for the needs of so many who struggle with health and housing. For more
Are you a woman or gender non-conforming person who is interested in the skilled trades or other careers?
- Do you enjoy working with your hands and seeing the results of your work?
- Do you like working as part of a team?
- Do you like learning new skills?
- Are you able to attend full-time college in downtown Toronto?
- Do you have a least a Grade 10 education or Canadian Benchmark Level 8 English skills?
The 15 week program begins on Monday, April 10, 2017, followed by 8 months of follow-up support. Classes will be held at George Brown College’s St.James Campus in downtown Toronto.
Come to an information session to learn more about our career exploration and trades preparation program.
To register, please call: 416.863.0499 x 2080 or email: ESC.Info@dixonhall.org
Workshop event focused on second career options for individuals 50+. Pre-registration is required.
Get skills training and financial support if you qualify for the second career program:
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Have been laid off on or after January 1, 2005; and
- Be unemployed or working an interim job; and
- Demonstrate occupational demand for the training request with evidence of good employment prospects locally or within Ontario
You must register in order to attend this information session. You may register via phone or email:
416.863.0499 x 2080