Workshop event focused on second career options for individuals 50+. Pre-registration is required.
Get skills training and financial support if you qualify for the second career program:
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Have been laid off on or after January 1, 2005; and
- Be unemployed or working an interim job; and
- Demonstrate occupational demand for the training request with evidence of good employment prospects locally or within Ontario
You must register in order to attend this information session. You may register via phone or email:
416.863.0499 x 2080
Art show featuring art from guests of the Out of the Cold program. Proceeds go directly to artists with a small portion going to the OOTC program.
A culinary event in celebration of Community. All proceeds benefit vital food programs which provide nutritious snacks and meals to downtown east’s most vulnerable — including Meals on Wheels, homeless shelters, Out of the Cold, etc.
Dixon Hall provides volunteers with orientation and safety training sessions. Sessions are two hours and cover:
- Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Health & Safety practices
- Access for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) Training
Training is mandatory for all volunteers. Sessions are for volunteers who have completed an application form not for potential volunteers. Completed form must be submitted to Volunteer Services in advance. Session takes place in Community Room A.