Are you a woman or gender non-conforming person who is interested in the skilled trades or other careers?
- Do you enjoy working with your hands and seeing the results of your work?
- Do you like working as part of a team?
- Do you like learning new skills?
- Are you able to attend full-time college in downtown Toronto?
- Do you have a least a Grade 10 education or Canadian Benchmark Level 8 English skills?
The 15 week program begins on Monday, April 10, 2017, followed by 8 months of follow-up support. Classes will be held at George Brown College’s St.James Campus in downtown Toronto.
Come to an information session to learn more about our career exploration and trades preparation program.
To register, please call: 416.863.0499 x 2080 or email: ESC.Info@dixonhall.org
Dixon Hall provides volunteers with orientation and safety training sessions. Sessions are two hours and cover:
- Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Health & Safety practices
- Access for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) Training
Training is mandatory for all volunteers. Sessions are for volunteers who have completed an application form not for potential volunteers. Completed form must be submitted to Volunteer Services in advance. Session takes place in Community Room A.
Highlights key aspects of the volunteer role, including health and safety, Access for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) training, as well as specific roles and responsibilities.