Talena Jackson attended Dixon Hall Music School for piano lessons throughout her childhood in the 1990s. Originally enrolled by her...Read More
Getting Your Child Registered at Dixon Hall Music School:
Students at Dixon Hall Music School have access to:
- Half-hour, private lessons for $4 a lesson in 20 subject areas, as well group & ensemble classes
- Instruments to rent for as low as $5 a month
- Free tickets to concerts in many genres of music, dance and theatre
- Intensive and exhilarating spring, summer and winter music camps
Lessons are taught by highly qualified, patient and encouraging instructors who are experts in a wide variety of styles.
Students will gain a strong groundwork in technique, skill and theory with the goal of building confidence and introducing them to the joy of playing music. Lessons are tailored according to each student’s age, skill and learning style.
Lessons run weekly from September to June, with the option of extra lessons in July.
All of our lessons are subsidized, and cost is based on a financial assessment.
Who can register?
- Youth living in the Regent Park/Moss Park/St. Lawrence neighbourhoods
- Youth ages 5+ for private lessons, with no age restriction once registered
- The youngest age we accept is 4 years old for our Orff program (Young Children’s Music)
Families eligible to receive subsidized music lessons must live between Jarvis St. and Broadview Ave. and Gerrard St. East and Lake Ontario.