Dixon Hall offers Income Tax Clinics every year from the middle of February to early April. With the help of committed volunteers, low-income residents and Dixon Hall service recipients can have their income tax returns prepared free of charge.
- Individuals must live in our catchment area or be an active participant in a Dixon Hall program. See catchment area
- Individuals without dependents must not have a gross annual income that exceeds $30,000
- Individuals with dependents, including a spouse or equivalent, must not have a gross household income that exceeds $40,000
- Individuals with a rental income and/or business income do not quality for this program regardless of the amount of income
- Individuals who are deceased, self-employed or who have employment expenses, capital gains/losses or who do not have documents available for the previous year, do not qualify for this program
How to Book an Appointment
Call 416.863.0499 x2037. Leave your name, telephone number and preferred Tax Clinic date and time, and our Tax Clinic Coordinator will return your call to confirm your appointment.
For 188 Carlton St. Tax Clinics, call Intake at 416.863.0499 x3022.
What to Bring
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- 2016 ‘Notice of Assessment’
- All income receipts (e.g. old age security, social assistance, employment insurance (EI), interest income, wages)
- All receipts for expenses (e.g. medical expenses, charitable donations, rent, tuition fees)
- A donation, if you wish