Community Development Program is an integral part of the mission and vision of Dixon Hall. It works with various neighbourhoods where Dixon Hall clients reside in addressing issues, challenges and concerns that affect the social determinants of health and well-being of residents.
Through collaboration and partnership with various organisations, networks, grassroot groups and residents, community development program provides:
- Capacity building initiatives for residents.
- Builds relationships with residents and partner organizations.
- Supports in advocacy and civic engagement initiatives .
- Addresses priority issues and needs that affect the communities.
- Conducts various needs assessments and consultations to identify needs and gaps in programming.
- Engages Dixon Hall departments, clients and residents into the life of the community.
- Promotes Dixon Hall programs and services to the various neighbourhoods.