Music For Life 2019: Our Most Successful Gala to Date!
On Wednesday, November 27th, Dixon Hall hosted our annual fundraising gala in support of our Music School, Music For Life at Daniels Spectrum. Presented by the Slaight Family Foundation and RBC, the evening was a wonderful celebration of the importance of music and the arts, and an opportunity to recognize the many achievements of our students while enjoying a delicious meal and great conversations. This year's event was another milestone - our final while the Music School is still located at in the basement of 58 Sumach St., as we prepare to move into the new youth centre.
We're thrilled to share that our fundraising total for the evening is $290,000, our most successful gala to date, thanks to the incredible generosity of our corporate and community partners, and our guests. Because of you, we can continue to make music education accessible to young people in Regent Park and surrounding neighbourhoods, and can continue serving 320 students every week, providing 12,500 lessons every year. We are so grateful for your generosity, and for your belief in the power of music.
An event like Music For Life is made possible by the collaboration and cooperation of many, and we'd like to extend our sincerest thanks to the following groups and individuals for their support of our gala:
- Presenting sponsors the Slaight Family Foundation and RBC
- All of our corporate sponsors and community partners
- Dixon Hall staff who volunteered at the event
- Team Schulich volunteers
- Emcee for the night and Dixon Hall Board Member, Thompson Egbo-Egbo
- Featured artist Jessica Mitchell
- Special guest Mayor John Tory
- Caterer Sash Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Beer donor Mill Street Brewery
- And of course, all of our incredible student speakers and performers who entertained and inspired the audience with their talents and testimonies to the benefits of music lessons in their lives